The twenty-eighth pick of the 2015 Big Blue View Community Mock Draft is in!
28) Denver Broncos
GM - gbouton
Pick - T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh
The Broncos really got hit hard by free agency this offseason and the window is closing on their time with Peyton. They have serious holes along the offensive and defensive line as a result. There are a number of good WR's on the board still but their is no need for another one. They lost Julius Thomas which will hurt but Owen Daniels and Virgil Green should surprise some people this year. Protecting Peyton is Priorty #1 this offseason. I was hoping D.J Humphrise would be available but he isn't so I was between Clemmings and Fisher which were my top OL on the board. Fisher is much more polished and would of been a great fit in a zone blocking scheme but ultimately Clemmings is the superior prospect so he is the choice. Clemmings has the athleticism to thrive in Kubiak's Zone block scheme and the upside to be a pro Bowl RT or even switch to the left side down the road. The question with Clemmings is "when" not "if" he will be a starter in the NFL. Wether he developes soon enough to help Peyton get his 2nd ring is yet to be determined but you can't pass up on his talent at this point in the draft.
I can see both sides of the coin for Clemmings and Fisher. Clemmings is certainly an intriguing prospect. In a lot of ways he reminds of Tyron Smith. A raw prospect who is just barely scratching the surface of an enormous potential. Personally, I think there is the very real possibility that this is Peyton's last year, so I would very strongly consider Fisher here. He can step in and start from Day 1, with much less learning curve than Clemmings.
Either one is a solid pick, but Clemmings definitely comes with one eye on the future.
The Indianapolis Colts are officially On The Clock!
The Picks So Far
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jameis Winston (QB, FSU) - Full Story
- Tennessee Titans - Marcus Mariota (QB, Oregon) - Full Story
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Leonard Williams (DL, USC) - Full Story
- Oakland Raiders - Amari Cooper (WR, Alabama) - Full Story
- Washington Redskins - Dante Fowler Jr. (DE/OLB, Florida) - Full Story
- New York Jets - Kevin White (WR, WVU) - Full Story
- Chicago Bears - Vic Beasley (OLB, Clemson) - Full Story
- Atlanta Falcons - Alvin "Bud" Dupree (DE/OLB, Kentucky) - Full Story
- New York Giants - DeVante Parker (WR, Louisville) - Full Story
- St. Louis Rams - Brandon Scherff (OL, Iowa) - Full Story
- Minnesota Vikings - Andrus Peat (OT, Stanford) - Full Story
- Cleveland Browns - Danny Shelton (DT, Washington) - Full Story
- New Orleans Saints - Randy Gregory (DE/OLB, Nebraska) - Full Story
- Miami Dolphins - Trae Waynes (CB, Michigan St.) - Full Story
- San Francisco 49ers - La'El Collins (OL, LSU) - Full Story
- Houston Texans - Shane Ray (OLB, Missouri) - Full Story
- San Diego Chargers - Ereck Flowers (OT, Miami) - Full Story
- Kansas City Chiefs - Cam Erving (OL, FSU) - Full Story
- Cleveland Browns - Marcus Peters (CB, Washington) - Full Story
- Philadelphia Eagles - Landon Collins (S, Alabama) - Full Story
- Cincinnati Bengals - Malcom Brown (DT, Texas) - Full Story
- Pittsburgh Steelers - Jalen Collins (CB, LSU) - Full Story
- Detroit Lions - Todd Gurley (RB, Georgia) - Full Story
- Arizona Cardinals - Eli Harold (DE/OLB, Virginia) - Full Story
- Carolina Panthers - DJ Humphries (OT, Florida) - Full Story
- Baltimore Ravens - Jaelen Strong (WR, Arizona State) - Full Story
- Dallas Cowboys - Melvin Gordon (RB, Wisconsin) - Full Story