The twentieth pick of the 2015 Big Blue View Community Mock Draft is in!
GM - Geekadjacent
Pick - Landon Collins, S, Alabama
I figured making a pick for the Eagles meant trying to put myself in Chip Kelly's headspace and I can tell you that simply pretending to have his brain is absolutely terrifying. After spending a day trying to fire all of my coworkers and screaming at them that they didn't fit my system I decided to abandon that tactic and just do what I think is best. Nate Allen signed elsewhere this offseason and left the Eagles with Malcolm Jenkins as their only decent safety. Collins can slide right in as a day one starter and help to anchor a very shaky Eagles secondary. I considered DGB, Jake Fisher, and DJ Humphries in this spot but at the end of the day I felt that Collins offered the best blend of need, talent, and value.
But wait! There's more!
GM - Revenge Of The Blackshirts
Pick - Dorial Green-Beckham (WR, Oklahoma)
Chip loves his offense and will want another legitimate target for Bradford. DGB and Matthews would make for a formidable WR duo, adding Cooper, Huff, and Austin gives Chip a good WR corps. While arguments could be made for Landon Collins and Jake Fisher (hello? Oregon), DGB has h/w/s that would be too good to pass up here. I don't think Chip would be scared off by the off field issues.
Okay, first and foremost, I'm not sure how it happened, but I screwed up here and double-booked the Eagles. So, we have two picks to pick apart. Landon Collins is the "Official" pick for the purposes of the draft, but let's look at both of them.
Landon Collins - I've said this a few times, but I see Landon Collins as a linebacker more than a safety -- though there are fewer and fewer differences between a strong safety and WILL linebacker. Kiko Alonso, Mychal Kendricks, and Landon Collins could be dynamic in the middle of that defense.
Dorial Green-Beckham - I guess Chip coveted Odell Beckham so much he just had to have one of his own! Seriously, though, this is a massive boom or bust pick. If DGB is past his issues and grows up, the potential of putting a Calvin Johnson level talent in that Eagles offense is legitimately scary. On the other hand, it could blow up in Chips' face like a Daffy Duck cartoon. In that respect it certainly does fit his offseason philosophy so far.
The Cincinnati Bengals are officially On The Clock!
The Picks So Far
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jameis Winston (QB, FSU) - Full Story
- Tennessee Titans - Marcus Mariota (QB, Oregon) - Full Story
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Leonard Williams (DL, USC) - Full Story
- Oakland Raiders - Amari Cooper (WR, Alabama) - Full Story
- Washington Redskins - Dante Fowler Jr. (DE/OLB, Florida) - Full Story
- New York Jets - Kevin White (WR, WVU) - Full Story
- Chicago Bears - Vic Beasley (OLB, Clemson) - Full Story
- Atlanta Falcons - Alvin "Bud" Dupree (DE/OLB, Kentucky) - Full Story
- New York Giants - DeVante Parker (WR, Louisville) - Full Story
- St. Louis Rams - Brandon Scherff (OL, Iowa) - Full Story
- Minnesota Vikings - Andrus Peat (OT, Stanford) - Full Story
- Cleveland Browns - Danny Shelton (DT, Washington) - Full Story
- New Orleans Saints - Randy Gregory (DE/OLB, Nebraska) - Full Story
- Miami Dolphins - Trae Waynes (CB, Michigan St.) - Full Story
- San Francisco 49ers - La'El Collins (OL, LSU) - Full Story
- Houston Texans - Shane Ray (OLB, Missouri) - Full Story
- San Diego Chargers - Ereck Flowers (OT, Miami) - Full Story
- Kansas City Chiefs - Cam Erving (OL, FSU) - Full Story
- Cleveland Browns - Marcus Peters (CB, Washington) - Full Story