We will leave the heavy lifting in terms of data analysis to Alex. Here. though, are some of the key numbers from Pro Football Focus about Monday's 27-7 loss by the New York Giants to the Philadelphia Eagles, as well as some snap count information.
From Pro Football Focus
PFF has changed its access, as you may know. We no longer have the ability to see the full grades. Below, however, are notes passed along by PFF's Giants' correspondent.
- Rashad Jennings led the running backs in total snaps (32), while Shane Vereen was on the field for the most pass snaps (19).
- Of passes thrown at least 10 yards in the air, Eli Manning completed all three between the numbers but failed to connect on any of his five attempts outside the numbers.
- Weston Richburg (-1.9) earned his lowest grade of the season. His grade was mainly due to his work in run blocking where he graded out at -1.8.
- Geoff Schwartz allowed four total pressures yesterday (two sacks and two QB hurries). Prior to this, the most he had allowed in a game this season was two.
- Johnathan Hankins earned the highest grade on the defense as he was dominant against the run and pass as well. He recorded four quarterback hurries and batted down a pass.
- Brandon Meriweather and Jayron Hosley led the team in missed tackles with two each.
- Trevin Wade was targeted a team-high eight occasions and allowed seven receptions for 58 yards, which resulted in a passer rating of 96.9.
- George Selvie earned the lowest pass rush grade on the defense as he failed to pick up a single pressure on 29 pass rush snaps.
- Eli Manning's average time to attempt a pass (2.53 seconds) yesterday was the highest this season.
- The offensive line allowed 16 total pressures, which is tied for fourth most in Week 6.
Some notable snap count data from Monday night:
- Odell Beckham Jr. played 66 of 68 offensive snaps. Jordan Ranaan reported this morning that Beckham's injured hamstring is fine after Monday.
- Nikita Whitlock played 11 snaps at fullback and eight at defensive tackle.
- Running back Andre Williams played only nine snaps.
- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Jayron Hosley and London Collins played all 78 defensive snaps.
- Markus Kuhn played 42 snaps at defensive tackle. Jay Bromley played 23.
- Uani 'Unga played 40 snaps at middle linebacker, while Jon Beason played only 38.
- Mark Herzlich started at linebacker, but played only nine snaps. Jonathan Casillas played 30 snaps.
- Safety Craig Dahl played a season-high 31 snaps as the Giants used a number of three-safety looks.
- Damontre Moore played 19 snaps.