The 29th pick of the Big Blue View Community Mock Draft is in!
GM – JFXB
Pick - Arik Armstead
According to Pro Football Focus the Colts worst position groups were plass blocking and run defense. This showed up big in the AFC Championship game where the Pats ran right over the Colts. There is not could value at the O-line position, so I decided to add a BIG factor to the Run D. Meet Arik Armstead. Arik Armstead is a 6’7’’ 292 pound monster with arguably the highest ceiling in the class. In fact I think that Armstead will be in play for the Giants at 9, so the Colts are getting great value. Arik has tremendous burst, vicious hands, and brutal strength. He uses these things to get into the backfield. However, Arik has to work on leverage, consistency, and better counter moves when the rush stalls. With Arik in the middle, the return of Mathis, and the addition of Cole, the Colts will have a much improved defense to go with their tremendous offense.
Armstead is going to be a fun prospect to follow through the first part of his career. His upside and potential are absolutely huge, but he still seems to be learning what to do with it. His size, strength, and athleticism could be huge adds for the Colts, who's defense really depended on Andrew Luck forcing opposing offenses into shootouts. I think they'd like to upgrade their nose tackle and add a "Ngata" type rock to the middle of their defense -- but then there are few teams that wouldn't -- but given the choices, if the Colts want to go defense, taking a chance on Armstead might be the best option available.
Adding a linebacker like Benardrick McKinney could also be an option, but getting linemen to protect the linebackers is never a bad idea.
The Green Bay Packers are officially On The Clock!
The Picks So Far
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jameis Winston (QB, FSU) - Full Story
- Tennessee Titans - Marcus Mariota (QB, Oregon) - Full Story
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Leonard Williams (DL, USC) - Full Story
- Oakland Raiders - Amari Cooper (WR, Alabama) - Full Story
- Washington Redskins - Dante Fowler Jr. (DE/OLB, Florida) - Full Story
- New York Jets - Kevin White (WR, WVU) - Full Story
- Chicago Bears - Vic Beasley (OLB, Clemson) - Full Story
- Atlanta Falcons - Alvin "Bud" Dupree (DE/OLB, Kentucky) - Full Story
- New York Giants - DeVante Parker (WR, Louisville) - Full Story
- St. Louis Rams - Brandon Scherff (OL, Iowa) - Full Story
- Minnesota Vikings - Andrus Peat (OT, Stanford) - Full Story
- Cleveland Browns - Danny Shelton (DT, Washington) - Full Story
- New Orleans Saints - Randy Gregory (DE/OLB, Nebraska) - Full Story
- Miami Dolphins - Trae Waynes (CB, Michigan St.) - Full Story
- San Francisco 49ers - La'El Collins (OL, LSU) - Full Story
- Houston Texans - Shane Ray (OLB, Missouri) - Full Story
- San Diego Chargers - Ereck Flowers (OT, Miami) - Full Story
- Kansas City Chiefs - Cam Erving (OL, FSU) - Full Story
- Cleveland Browns - Marcus Peters (CB, Washington) - Full Story
- Philadelphia Eagles - Landon Collins (S, Alabama) - Full Story
- Cincinnati Bengals - Malcom Brown (DT, Texas) - Full Story
- Pittsburgh Steelers - Jalen Collins (CB, LSU) - Full Story
- Detroit Lions - Todd Gurley (RB, Georgia) - Full Story
- Arizona Cardinals - Eli Harold (DE/OLB, Virginia) - Full Story
- Carolina Panthers - DJ Humphries (OT, Florida) - Full Story
- Baltimore Ravens - Jaelen Strong (WR, Arizona State) - Full Story
- Dallas Cowboys - Melvin Gordon (RB, Wisconsin) - Full Story
- Denver Broncos - T.J. Clemmings (OT, Pittsburgh) - Full Story