Finally! The day the 2015 NFL Draft begins in here. What will the New York Giants do with their first pick, ninth overall? Trade up? Trade down? Stay put? Who will they select? What will they do with their other seven picks on the final two days of the draft?
We have been debating these and many more draft-related questions for months now. We finally begin to get answers Thursday night. Then we can begin debating whether or not GM Jerry Reese and the Giants did the right things during this draft.
Here is everything you need to know about the draft, which begins at 8 p.m. ET. Television coverage, as is traditional, will be provided by both ESPN and NFL Network.
Giants' round-by-round selections
Round 1 (No. 9)
Round 2 (No. 40)
Round 3 (No. 74)
Round 4 (No. 108)
Round 5 (No. 144)
Round 6 (186)
Round 7 (No. 226)
Round 7 (No. 245, from Broncos for Brandon McManus)
A few fun facts
- This is the first time in the Jerry Reese era as GM that the Giants have picked inside of the top 10.
- The Giants have never drafted ninth overall during the modern era of football.
- The only time the Giants did draft ninth came in 1936. That year, they selected tackle Art Lewis from Ohio University.
Big Blue View Draft resources
Here are some of the resources right here at Big Blue View that you might want to refer to during the draft.
- BBV NFL Draft Hub Page, where you will find all of our Draft coverage for the past several months.
- Round-by-round Big Board
- Prospect profiles. We have done more than 80 of these.
- Mock draft database.
- Rules for draft success
- Prospect visits tracker
Big Blue View staff mock drafts
- Ed selects Scherff in first round
- Invictus chooses Peat at No. 9
- Rap opts for Bud Dupree
- Alex mocks Landon Collins to Giants
SB Nation Draft resources
Dan Kadar does fantastic work over at Mocking The Draft. Here are links to some of his best work, as well the work of former NFL defensive lineman Stephen White and the rest of the SB Nation NFL team.