- How -- or even if -- the Giants' retooled offense will function, has to be the first question on everybody's mind.
- Will the offensive line be able to keep the Lions' formidable defensive front at bay long enough to Eli to throw?
- Will Eli and the receivers look like they're at least in the same chapter, if not on the same page?
- How will rookie OC Ben McAdoo game plan in a live game?
- And what will the new offense -- that everyone from players to coaches insist that we haven't seen yet -- look like?
- Prince Amukamara & Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie vs Calvin Johnson & Golden Tate
- Walter Thurmond III vs Kevin Ogletree
- The Giants' Safeties & Linebackers vs The Lions' Tight Ends & Runningbacks
The Giants revamped their secondary throughout the 2014 offseason. The Giants seemingly called every free agent cornerback out there, and brought in some very good ones. Not only that, they had an injection of confidence and swagger. As well, the Giants beleaguered and much-maligned linebacking corps looks improved over the course of the preseason.
Well, it's time for the rubber to meet the road. The Giants' back-seven face their first real test Monday night, and it looks to be a difficult one. At least on paper, the Giants have good matches for the Lions' offense.
But in the words of Tom Coughlin: Talk is cheap. Play the game.