This evening, at 5:40, the New York Giants will hold their last practice before they meet the Pittsburgh Steelers on Saturday. Unfortunately for those of us without media credentials, this practice is closed to the public due to the Jets' preseason opener against the Colts.
But on the bright side, the practice IS open to the media, so we will be getting our usual updates.
And speaking of updates, there are several things the Giants will be looking to see as they gear up to face the Steelers.
- How are Odell Beckham and Jon Beason progressing? Beckham is reportedly getting close to returning from the hamstring injury that has plagued him since the first day of camp. He is running and cutting, but can't hit top-speed yet. The goal now is to coax him back to 100% without returning too soon. Beason has reportedly stepped up his rehab, beginning to run on the side of the field.
- How is Geoff Schwartz? Early reports indicate that Schwartz (who held out of practice with a sore knee yesterday), will practice today.
- Will the legends of Soup and Kennard continue to grow? The second year UDFA and the fifth round rookie are quickly turning into the stars of training camp, and the excitement around them is growing like a villain from the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. Can Soup Harris keep catching everything thrown to him, and can Kennard keep playing smart, fast, and physical defense?
- What will happen with the running backs? With David Wilson walking away from the game of football, and Peyton Hillis spraining his ankle, will Kendall Gaskins or Michael Cox step up and seize their opportunity?
- Finally, how will the offense and defense continue to develop?