The New York Giants today waived defensive end Adewale Ojomo, likely opening a spot on the 53-man roster for a running back. The Giants are scheduled to work out several running backs on Tuesday, including Willis McGahee, Joe McKnight and former Giant Brandon Jacobs. They also worked out running backs last week.
Ojomo was originally part of the Giants' practice squad, but was signed to the active roster last week as insurance for Jason Pierre-Paul and Damontre Moore when running back Andre Brown was placed on short-term injured reserve. Ojomo spent all of last season on the team's active roster but played in only one game. It would seem likely that the Giants would try to get Ojomo back on the practice squad once he clears waivers.
More from Big Blue View
- Monday Night Football Week 1: Eagles at Redskins, Texans at Chargers
- New York Giants Week 1 loss to Cowboys in pictures
- Brandon Jacobs, Willis McGahee among RBs to work out for New York Giants
- Giants' Injury News: Prince Amukamara uncertain vs. Denver Broncos
- Cowboys 36, Giants 31: 'Kudos & Wet Willies' Review