The 0-3 New York Giants don't need any more bad news. The might, however be getting some. Veteran guard Chris Snee is having problems with his surgically repaired left hip, and "may not be able to stay on the field much longer."
Snee has not re-injured the hip, according to reports. It is described as "sore and inflamed." Ominously, Newsday's Tom Rock wrote that "if the pain does not subside Snee's season may soon be over."
Snee, 31, is a four-time Pro Bowler in his 10th NFL season. The Giants' only current options to replace Snee are third-year man James Brewer and second-year man Brandon Mosley. David Diehl is still out as he recuperates from thumb surgery.
Punter Steve Weatherford took a little time on his day off Tuesday to visit PS 59, 233 E 56th Street. Weatherford was named head coach of Wellness In The Schools (WITS)
On a Giants'-related note, the slumping Weatherford wrote in his weekly diary for NJ.com that he thinks the Giants will have "a renewed sense of urgency" going forward.
The Giants seem to have slump of some sort every season. The Giants hope they have gotten their slump over with early. The Giants' saving grace might still be that they play in what is turning out to be an awful NFC East.
ESPN's Dan Graziano wants some answers from Giants' GM Jerry Reese about the state of the roster. He won't get them, and he does seem to know it. The success currently being enjoyed by Osi Umenyiora and Ahmad Bradshaw with their new teams doesn't make the giants' 0-3 start any easier to take.
Lawrence Taylor isn't very happy that Boomer Esiason, whom he clearly doesn't like, appeared in the Showtime documentary about Taylor.
Former Giants' defensive tackle Marvin Austin has landed a job with the Miami Dolphins.Austin takes the place of defensive tackle Vaughn Martin, who was placed on IR.
More from Big Blue View
- Giants' Roster Moves: Practice squad changes made
- NFL Odds, Week 4: New York Giants 5-point underdogs to Kansas City Chiefs
- Giants' Antrel Rolle agrees '200 percent' with Carl Banks
- NFL waiver order changes; New York Giants in top 6
- Giants at Panthers, Week 3: Snap counts, PFF grades
- Reasons to Celebrate: I got nothing
- NFL Power Rankings, Week 4: Winless Giants plummet to 27
- New York Giants' news, 9/24: 0-3 new territory for Giants
- Giants' Tom Coughlin: 'I don't believe they quit'
- New York Giants' Offensive Line: Can it be fixed?