Good morning, New York Ginats' fans! Here are some of the stories making headlines around the 0-3 Giants this morning.
Herzlich: Banks is right
"That's what happened. They kept hitting us, hitting us and hitting us and we didn't stop them. Carl's right, we need to have more passion, we need to have that fire," Herzlich said.
Spencer Paysinger excited for challenge
Linebacker Spencer Paysinger has a rather unique view on being 0-3.
"I, myself, and a bunch of guys on this team haven't been on a 0-3 team. I know it sounds crazy but it's kind of exciting to go out there and see what we're made of," Paysinger said. "We have 13 more games and we can't hang our hats right now. We just have to go out there and pretty much have a rebirth."
Mundy: Giants have winning pedigree
Safety Ryan Mundy said the Giants have plenty of players who understand what it takes to win.
"Guys around here have a pedigree, we all come from winning high schools, winning college programs, we’ve had successful NFL careers, Super Bowl wins, so we know about energy, we know how to win games. It’s just time for us to go out and do it," Mundy said.
Around the Inter-Google
Yes, things for the Giants have reached the point where non-Giants fans are laughing at what is going on with Eli Manning and Co.
Steve Politi of the Star-Ledger says personnel, not pride, is the Giants' biggest issue. Following the same theme. New York Post columnist George Willis lays the mess the Giants are in at the feet of GM Jerry Reese. Paul Schwartz of the New York Post assigns blame to a number of places.
Ian O'Connor of ESPN New York wonders if the Giants are wasting the remaining years of Eli Manning's prime.
The Giants held a players-only "de-briefing" on Monday.
ESPN's Dan Graziano doesn't think the Giants are angry enough.
Brian Billick breaks down the Giants' issues in pass protection.
Gary Myers of the Daily News wonders if a poor season might convince Tom Coughlin to retire.
Keep up with Big Blue View
More from Big Blue View
- Giants' Tom Coughlin: 'I don't believe they quit'
- New York Giants' Offensive Line: Can it be fixed?
- Carl Banks on New York Giants: They 'took 'punches in the face'
- Giants-Panthers 'Kudos & Wet Willies' review
- New York Giants' news, 9/23: Assessing the carnage edition
- Henry Hynoski Injury: Fullback fractures shoulder
- Panthers 38, Giants 0: Players are 'looking for answers'
- Sunday Night Football: Bears at Steelers, game time, TV schedule, online streaming, odd, more
- Instant Analysis: 'Manhandled' Giants in a world of trouble
- Giants-Panthers Final Score: Giants humiliated by Carolina, 38-0