Antrel Rolle confident in Aaron Ross
Starting cornerback Corey Webster is unlikely to play Sunday because of a hip flexor. If he can't go Aaron Ross, who did not play a snap against the Denver Broncos, will be called upon. Safety Antrel Rolle isn't worried about that.
"The way we look at it in our defensive room is that everyone is a starter. You never know what's going to take place. It can be before the game, it can be during the course of a game, the guy has to be ready and step in," Ross said. "Ross has been a starter in this league for a number of years. He's played multiple positions for us, so we're not looking for any kind of letdown, we're looking for Ross to go in there and play ball."
David Baas: 'We need to get it fixed'
With the Giantsd last in the league in rushing starting center David Baas knows the play of the offensive line has to improve -- quickly.
"There's no reason to panic. We just have to do things better and we will. Obviously a couple of years ago we heard the same song and dance, we were last in the league in rushing, whatever it was, and we won the Super Bowl," Baas said. "Things take time to click but we don't really have that time. This will be a sense of urgency. We need to get it fixed right away because we have to dig ourselves out of this hole that we dug ourselves into."
Around The Inter-Google
The NFL's 0-2 Teams: Ranking Their Chances of Making the Playoffs | AthlonSports.com
In the 23 years since the NFL expanded its playoff field, there have been only 22 teams that have started 0-2 and gone on to make the playoffs. That’s not even one per year, and its a success ratio of less than 10 percent. In fact, the only good news for 0-2 teams is this: It could be worse. That’s because in the same time span only three teams have started 0-3 and made the playoffs, and none in the last 14 seasons. So for the eight teams that have started 0-2 this season, it’s not over yet.
More from Big Blue View
- Tom Coughlin not sure when Corey Webster was injured
- Eli Manning and interceptions -- what's the story?
- Giants-Panthers Injury Report: Corey Webster doubtful for Sunday
- Kevin Gilbride: 'We're going to make an effort to run'
- Giants at Panthers Scouting Report: Breaking down the match-ups
- Chase Blackburn, Domenik Hixon spare parts in Carolina
- New York Giants' news, 9/20: Aaron Ross ready, more
- Coughlin: Giants prepared for running quarterback
- Giants-Panthers Injury Report: Corey Webster misses practice
- POLL: How many interceptions will Eli throw?