Running back David Wilson took to Twitter Tuesday to respond to some of the criticism he has been receiving since his two-fumble effort Sunday likely cost the New York Giants a victory over the Dallas Cowboys.
Ayy to fantasy participants and pissed Giants fans ur irrelevant to me!!! Nobody wants me to succeed more than ME!!! WATCH US WORK!— David E. Wilson (@4stillRunning) September 10, 2013
Valentine's View: The game, obviously, was not Wilson's finest hour. Neither was this.This shows that perhaps even more than fixing his ball-security issues, Wilson needs to grow up. Why is he listening to what people say on Twitter or radio talk shows? Why is he responding in this immature manner? Wilson needs to be quiet, needs to lean on the counsel of the veterans in the locker room and needs to begin to act, and play, like a professional his teammates can count on. Taking on maniacal fans hiding behind Internet anonymity is a fight Wilson can never win.
NY Giants young RB David Wilson drops ball again in Twitter rant against fans - NY Daily News
The signing of running back Brandon Jacobs was the biggest move made by the Giants on Tuesday, but not the only one.
The Giants reached on injury settlement with wide receiver Ramses Barden and released him from injured reserve, making him a free agent eligible to sign with any team.
Wide receiver Marcus Harris was terminated from the practice squad. Linebacker Emmanuel Acho (Texas) was added.
Around the Inter-Google
Giants look ahead: Broncos - NorthJersey.com
A glance at the Broncos-Giants game on Sunday at MetLife Stadium.
Giants pay price for not adding vet behind Wilson | New York Post
The signing on Tuesday of Brandon Jacobs comes a week too late, as the Giants very well might have beaten the Cowboys if they had Jacobs, or another veteran, to help Wilson, or replace him.
Victor Cruz On WFAN: New York Giants Need David Wilson " CBS New York
Most of the focus after New York's Week 1 loss has been on second-year RB David Wilson, who was benched in the second half due to fumble-itis. Victor Cruz knows what he's going through.
Giants' Mathias Kiwanuka says Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was 'disrespectful' | NJ.com
Giants defensive end says Jerry Jones never played the game at a high level and doesn't understand.
More from Big Blue View
- ANALYSIS: Brandon Jacobs' return to Giants a logical move
- Brandon Jacobs signing: The Twitterverse reacts
- Brandon Jacobs back with New York Giants -- report
- NFL Odds Week 2: New York Giants 3.5-point underdogs to Denver Broncos
- NFL: New York Giants didn't fake injuries vs. Dallas Cowboys
- Week 1 snap counts: Heavy load for Jason Pierre-Paul
- NFL Power Rankings 2013 Week 2: Giants No. 16, Broncos No. 1
- Prince Amukamara Injury Update: Prince may be cleared vs. Broncos -- report
- New York Giants' Week 1 PFF Grades: Best, worst scores of the week
- Reasons to Celebrate: Giants wide receivers and defense stepped up