The New York Giants Monday activated Jason Pierre-Paul off the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list, according to reports from a variety of beat writers. Pierre-Paul, still recovering from offseason back, surgery, is still not guaranteeing he will be ready to play Week 1 vs. the Dallas Cowboys.
JPP says he's pain free, but "I'm not going to rush it. A back injury is a serious thing." #NYG— Ralph Vacchiano (@RVacchianoNYDN) August 26, 2013
Still this is a step in the right direction for the Giants, who need a dominant Pierre-Paul on defense.
Antrel Rolle on JPP: "I mean, he's our best defensive playmaker hands down" #nyg— Art Stapleton (@art_stapleton) August 26, 2013
The defensive savior? Said Antrel Rolle: "We're expecting miraculous things out of JPP." #NYG— Ralph Vacchiano (@RVacchianoNYDN) August 26, 2013
The only player remaining on the PUP list for the Giants is defensive tackle Markus Kuhn, who is recovering from knee surgery.
More from Big Blue View
- The season is over! 0-16! Giants stink! Get off the bridge, people
- New York Giants' news, 8/26: The week ahead
- Tom Coughlin Press Conference: Stevie Brown, offensive line among topics
- NFL roster cuts 2013: Giants release Aaron Curry, get down to 75-man limit
- Stevie Brown Injury: Torn ACL for New York Giants' safety
- Giants react to loss to Jets on Twitter
- Saturday Snap Counts: Big run for Kyle Bosworth
- Giants fall to Jets: 'Kudos & Wet Willies' Review
- New York Giants' news, 8/25: Justin Pugh assesses first start
- ANALYSIS: Five things we learned from Giants' loss to Jets