The New York Giants continue their preseason Sunday night at MetLife Stadium against the Indianapolis Colts (7 p.m. ET, FOX) in a game with several interesting story lines as the Giants prepare for the 2013 regular season.
Among those story lines:
- HELLO, OLD FRIEND: Ahmad Bradshaw signed with Indianapolis after being cut by the Giants. Bradshaw, just removed from the PUP list this week by the Colts, won't play Sunday night.
- RETURN TO ACTION: Neither rookie offensive lineman Justin Pugh nor veteran defensive lineman Justin Tuck played in last Saturday's preseason opener vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers. Both are expected to play against Indianapolis. Pugh, the Giants' first-round pick, has worked at both right and left tackle this week. "I'm anxious to see him play against someone else and then evaluate how he does," said head coach Tom Coughlin. The game could also mark the return to action of cornerback Terrell Thomas, sidelined the past two seasons. That decision has yet to be made.
- BACKUP QB COMPETITION: Who is No. 2 behind Eli Manning? It seems unlikely to be rookie fourth-round pick Ryan Nassib, but offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride said that week that hasn't been decided. If Nassib is No. 3, will David Carr hold onto the No. 2 job or be supplanted by Curtis Painter? How will the Giants divvy up snaps between the quarterbacks Sunday?
- LINEBACKER COMPETITION: The Giants continue to insist that all three linebacker positions are up for grabs. Dan Connor and Aaron Curry, each working with the second team, impressed vs. Pittsburgh. Will they get some first-unit work Sunday?
- RUN DEFENSE: In reviewing Saturday's effort vs. the Steelers, Coughlin said the Giants' first-team defense had "two wins and seven losses" against the Steelers' running game. Fixing the run defense continues to be a major point of emphasis for the Giants, and they hope to show progress Sunday night.
If you are heading to MetLife Sunday for the game, be sure to familiarize yourself with the new stadium carry-in policy.
Stick with our StoryStream for everything you need to know leading up to Sunday night's game.
More from Big Blue View
- New York Giants' news, 8/15: Hynoski 'making good progress'
- Terrell Thomas: 'We'll see' about playing Sunday
- Antrel Rolle Injury Update: Safety sheds walking boot
- Ryan Mundy stepping in for an injured Antrel Rolle
- Forbes: Hakeem Nicks among 'most underpaid' players in 2013
- Giants' fans ranked No. 4 in study by Ticket City
- 'Very multiple' defense a new look for Giants in 2013
- New York Giants' news, 8/14: Ryan Mundy, Dan Connor, more
- Giants announce new policy on carry-in bags
- New York Giants' Roster Bubble: Tyler Sash