"Surprised? To be honest with you, no. There was a lot of emotion going into that game," Coughlin said on Monday. "I was surprised by some of what was made of it. But we have an outstanding group of guys and they are competitive and it was a difficult loss in a frustrating year, to be honest with you, and so some of that came out."
Giants' safety Antrel Rolle said after the game that "Sometimes out there today, we looked like we didn't have a pulse." Coughlin said "of course not" when asked if Rolle should have said that.
"That's not for a public (conversation)... This is a family. You stay within the family," Coughlin said. "I'm sure he'll go to the people that he needs to and discuss it or talk it out and it won't be an issue."
- Giants' Tom Coughlin voices support for Kevin Gilbride
- Giants' Snap Counts: Brandon Mosley, other youngsters see more time
- Kevin Gilbride, Eli Manning and the Giants' 'pathetic' offense
- Victor Cruz in danger of missing the rest of the year
- 2014 NFL Draft Order: Giants currently have 11th pick
- Giants vs. Seahawks, 'Kudos & Wet Willies' review
- New York Giants' news, 12/16: 'Signs are clear' that Kevin Gilbride is out
- Post-game Reaction: Giants have finally come apart at the seams
- Instant Analysis: Giants' offense is stunningly inept
- Giants-Seahawks Final Score: Giants routed, 23-0