Let's begin today with a look at some interesting numbers provided by the New York Giants' PR staff.
- When Andre Brown started at running back on Sunday he became the sixth player to start at that position and the eighth player to start in the backfield for the Giants this season. The other starting running backs were David Wilson, Da'Rel Scott, Brandon Jacobs, Peyton Hillis and Michael Cox. The Giants have also had two starting fullbacks in Henry Hynoski and John Conner. According to Elias, this is the first time the Giants have started eight different players in the backfield since 1981. They are the first NFL team to start that many running backs/fullbacks since 1987, when several teams started multiple players because of the strike replacement games.
- The Giants' longest run this season has been 18 yards, by David Wilson at Carolina on Sept. 22. Every other NFL team has a run of at least 24 yards this year. The Giants haven't had a run longer than 18 yards in 11 consecutive games, dating back to last season, the team's longest such streak since they went 11 in a row from Nov. 13, 1983 to Sept. 30, 1984.
- The Giants won Sunday despite being -1 in the takeaway/giveaway department. Under Tom Coughlin the Giants are 13-44 when losing the turnover differential. The Giants are 1-5 this season when the turn the ball over more than their opponent.
- Brown has scored a touchdown in six consecutive games dating back to last season. That is the NFL's longest active streak and the longest by a Giant since Plaxico Burress scored in six games in a row in 2007.
Around The Inter-Google
Football Outsiders says the Giants, despite their three-game winning streak, still have only a 1.7 percent chance of winning the NFC East. Football Outsiders' DVOA ratings place the Giants 28th in the league overall.
Packersnews.com offers a scouting report on the Giants.
Jerry Reese was heavily criticized for some of his offseason decisions during the Giants' 0-6 start. The New York Post gives the Giants' GM credit for several in-season moves that have helped stabilize the team.
More from Big Blue View:
- Teammates of the Week: Andre Brown, Terrell Thomas
- Giants-Packers Odds: Giants open as 6-point Favorites
- Giants vs. Raiders, Pro Football Focus scores
- NFC East Notebook, Nov. 12: Nick Foles named starter for Eagles
- Giants vs. Packers: Previews, news, analysis, injuries, odds, more
- Giants vs. Packers: Who is Scott Tolzien?
- Archie Manning: Eli 'living under a black cloud'
- New York Giants' special teams: Can they be fixed?
- NFL Power Rankings 2013, Week 11: Giants crack top 20
- New York Giants' news, 11/12: Giants turn focus to Packers