With David Baas on IR Jim Cordle returns to the role of starting center for the New York Giants. He began that assignment Wednesday by accidentally wearing Baas' No. 64 jersey at the beginning of practice.
"It was an accident, but it happened to be a good day to do it. Obviously if he was out there, he would have realized when he went to put on a jersey… or maybe not because I didn’t realize it. You just throw a jersey on," Cordle said. "They’re always hanging on the white hanger and you just put it on and there it goes."
What does future hold for David Baas?
Baas Wednesday called his shortened, injury-plagued season "very frustrating."
"Obviously very frustrating. Things happen, that's part of the game. You see a lot of guys out there this year that have gotten injured and mine just happened to be a couple guys rolling into me, guys kicking me. You can't really predict that stuff. You don't plan for it," Baas said Wednesday. "You do the best you can and I did that and I can't sit there and have any regrets. Things happen and you have to move on."
Will Baas be moving on from the Giants? He has two seasons and $16.7 remaining on his contract. By cutting him, the salary-cap challenged Giants could save $1.775 million against the cap in 2014 and $5.25 million in 2015.
Around The Inter-Google
The Giants' in-season trade for middle linebacker Jon Beason has thus far paid huge dividends.
Wouldn't it be nice if the Giants could trade for Minnesota Vikings' running back Adrian Peterson? On Twitter Wednesday night there were rumors the Giants were trying to do just that. In reality, what happened was that an ESPN writer proposed a hypothetical Vikings-Giants deal that sent gullible Twitter users into a frenzy. To clarify, there are no Peterson to the Giants talks. This was one writer using his imagination to propose ideas.
Rounding up where the Giants stand in NFL power rankings.
Here is a quick look at what some folks are saying about the Giants heading into Week 8.
More from Big Blue View:
- Tom Coughlin on struggling Hakeem Nicks: 'We count on this guy'
- Giants-Eagles Wednesday Injury Report: Brandon Jacobs not practicing
- David Baas placed on injured reserve by New York Giants
- Giants at Eagles, first look: Can Giants be relevant in NFC East?
- Giants at Eagles 2013 Week 8: Full coverage of NFC East match-up
- Giants-Vikings snap counts, PFF scores: Shaun Rogers comes up big
- 2014 NFL Draft: Giants would currently have No. 3 overall pick
- Brandon Jacobs death threats the worst of social media interaction
- New York Giants' news, 10/23: Rolle says Giants 'have to win out'
- NFC East Notebook, Oct. 22: Dallas' Tampa 1? Fred Davis on the block?