Former New York Giants defensive tackle Marvin Austin, cut by the team at the end of the preseason, has signed with the Dallas Cowboys. Austin will be the 15th defensive lineman to dress for the Cowboys this season.
Austin was picked up by the Miami Dolphins after being cut by the Giants, but played in only two games with one tackle before being released. He played in only seven games for the Giants with eight tackles.
The Giants drafted him in the second round in 2010, but he missed his rookie season with a torn pectoral muscle and never justified the high selection. With second-round pick Johnathan Hankins and several veteran tackles the Giants had no room for Austin.
In another roster move, the Philadelphia Eagles signed linebacker Emmanuel Acho off the Giants' practice squad. The Giants signed Acho to the practice squad after the Eagles cut him during the preseason.
More from Big Blue View:
- Giants vs. Vikings 2013 Preview, Prediction: Giants will get first victory
- New York Giants' news, 10/21: Giants vs. Vikings gameday links
- Giants vs. Vikings 2013 Week 7: Game time, TV schedule, odds, online streaming, announcers, more
- Valentine's Views: 0-6 Giants should improve, but by how much?
- New York Giants' news, 10/20: Injuries continue to haunt Giants