The New York Giants (0-4) open the week as the 3-point favorites to their visiting NFC East rival, the Philadelphia Eagles (1-3).
[More: SB Nation Odds Page]
The game will be an important match-up for both of these teams, as with no team in the division over .500 the winner of the East could come down to who plays the best within the division. The Eagles have already gotten off to a good start in the division, winning in Washington, while the Giants lost in Dallas, meaning a loss to the Eagles would set the Giants even further back to 0-2 within the division.
The Eagles are coming off a loss to a team that also dominated the Giants, the Denver Broncos, while the Giants come off a loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, led by former Eagles coach Andy Reid.
The Big Blue View Power Rankings have both teams ranked in the bottom 10, with the Eagles ranked at No. 24 and the Giants at No. 29. SB Nation's version of the rankings gives a little less respect to the Eagles and a little more respect to the Giants, with the Eagles coming in at No. 25 and the Giants at No. 28.
Keep coming back to Big Blue View throughout the week as we keep you up to date with previews, news and analysis. See Bleeding Green Nation for the Philly perspective.
More from Big Blue View
- NFC East Notebook, Oct. 1: Finding flaws across the division
- Giants' Roster Moves: Da'Rel Scott waived, Dallas Reynolds signed
- New York Giants' Offense: The great Kevin Gilbride debate
- Giants vs. Chiefs: Snap counts, PFF grades
- Antrel Rolle: 'This is a 12-game season for us'
- NFL Power Rankings 2013, Week 5: 0-4 Giants continue to free fall
- Reasons to Celebrate: Prince Amukamara
- New York Giants' news, 10/1: Have Giants forgotten how to win?
- Giants' silver lining? They play in the NFC East
- What now for Giants? Finding out about the future, that's what