New York Giants' fans clamoring for more trust in running back David Wilson are probably about to get it. The Giants today waived Wilson's backup, Da'Rel Scott, to make room for center Dallas Reynolds.
Reynolds, 6-foot-4, 320 pounds played for the Philadelphia Eagles last season, starting 14 games. He originally signed with the Eagles in 2009 as a rookie free agent. He remained on the practice squad until last season.
The addition of an offensive lineman is no surprise considering the questions about the health of David Baas (neck and Chris Snee (hip). If reports are accurate Snee's season might be in jeopardy.
Snee has torn labrum, bone chips, just like last year (in the other hip). Difference this time is his movement is very restricted. #NYG— Ralph Vacchiano (@RVacchianoNYDN) October 1, 2013
With Snee, I'm told there's no timetable for how long they'll wait for the surgery. But, if he can't play, not much reason to wait. #nyg— Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) October 1, 2013
As @TomRock_Newsday noted, heard Snee can barely move now. So that's where he's at. Tough guy but that's a lot to ask as far as playing thru— Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) October 1, 2013
The waiving of Scott, a third-year player who has served as the team's third-down back, means the Giants will likely lean on Wilson more. They have Brandon Jacobs and rookie Michael Cox as backups. Andre Brown (short-term IR) will be eligible to play for the first time on Nov. 10 against the Oakland Raiders.
|2013 - Da'Rel Scott||4||16||56||14||3.5||16||0||10||98||24.5||9.8||23||1|
Your thoughts, Giants' fans?
More from Big Blue View
- New York Giants' Offense: The great Kevin Gilbride debate
- Giants vs. Chiefs: Snap counts, PFF grades
- Antrel Rolle: 'This is a 12-game season for us'
- NFL Power Rankings 2013, Week 5: 0-4 Giants continue to free fall
- Reasons to Celebrate: Prince Amukamara
- New York Giants' news, 10/1: Have Giants forgotten how to win?
- Giants' silver lining? They play in the NFC East
- What now for Giants? Finding out about the future, that's what
- Giants' Injury News: Defense, particularly secondary, nicked up
- Chiefs 31, Giants 7: 'Kudos & Wet Willies' Review