Did the New York Giants suffer their first major injury of training camp on Monday? The news about safety Antrel Rolle sounds ominous.
There are, of course, no details at this time.
The Giants have had other big injuries during camp, but not to players who were expected to be major contributors. Jason Pierre-Paul, Markus Kuhn and Henry Hynoski, injured before camp, are on PUP.
Rolle, per reports after practice, is going for an MRI on the injured ankle. The loss of Rolle would be a devastating one to a secondary trying desperately to overcome communication issues that led to giving up too many big plays a season ago.
Damontre Moore also sat out practice today with what was described as a shoulder contusion. He is day-to-day.
More from Big Blue View
- PFF Review: Yes, Pro Football Focus is grading preseason games!
- New York Giants Training Camp: Three things to watch today
- New York Giants' Roster Bubble: David Carr vs. Curtis Painter
- Giants' 53-Man Roster Projection: Updated projection after first preseason game
- Giants' Training Camp Schedule: The Week Ahead