Here is your New York Giants training camp practice for Monday, with only one practice remaining before the team heads for New Jersey and the confines of the Timex Performance Center.
Linebacker Michael Boley (hamstring) missed another practice. ... Defensive tackles Martin Parker (unknown injury) and Shaun Rogers (knee) were at the Hospital for Special Surgery on Monday to be examined. ... Linebacker Jacquain Williams (hip), wide receiver David Douglas (quad), offensive tackle James Brewer (back) and cornerback Michael Coe (hamstring) also did not practice.
The Giants have released undrafted free agent cornerback Janzen Jackson, who failed to impress during training camp. An addition to the roster has not yet been announced.
Players Who Impressed
Prince Amukamara, Ramses Barden and Adrien Robinson stood out on Monday. More on each in the play-by-play section.
Prince vs. Ramses
Amukamara and Barden had a nice battle going today. Amukamara was picked on a bit Sunday, and Barden dropped two catchable balls. They were both looking for a little redemption today. Twice on long balls down the left sideline they hooked up. Barden had two hands on one ball before Amukamara ripped it out. On the second one, Barden was able to muscle his way into position and make the grab.
Amukamara had a tremendous interception on what looked like a fade route during red zone drills. He was able to get position on Domenik Hixon and wrestle Eli Manning's pass away.
Barden made a terrific catch on a quick slant from David Carr, hauling in a pass that was behind him.
More Practice Highlights
- During a running back blocking drill early in practice, fullback Henry Hynoski destroyed Ahmad Bradshaw, knocking his helmet off. Bradshaw loved it, clapping and encouraging the crowd.
- Playing the role of the blitzing linebacker, Hynboski then blew up Andre Brown, knocking the 240-pounder backwards.
- During 11-on-11 drills quarterback Ryan Perrilloux twice was yelled at by the coaching staff for holding the ball too long.
- Third-round pick Jayron Hosley worked with the first team as the nickel back Monday. That meant Hosley spent much of his time one-on-one with Victor Cruz.
- During 7-on-7 drills, Robinson blasted past linebacker Greg Jones on a seam route and made a nice twisting catch. Later, during 11-on-11 red zone work, Robinson beat safety Stevie Brown for a touchdown.
- A few plays later, Jones atoned for that by taking a nice drop and batting down a crossing route intended for Jerrel Jernigan.