You probably know by now that NFL Network is winding its way through its Top 100 players heading into the 2012 NFL season, as voted on by NFL players. We will talk enough about that list. Let's talk about another list -- the Pro Football Focus Top 101 of 2011.
PFF says the list was based entirely on 2011 performance. Here are the New York Giants on the list:
Hakeem Nicks (No. 50)
Victor Cruz (No. 37)
Jason Pierre-Paul (No. 17)
Eli Manning (No. 8) -- PFF's bullet points on Manning are listed below. Here is the full article on Eli, and yes it is a free read.
- His O-line allowed 15 more total pressures than any other in the NFL
- Led NFL with 69.4% accuracy percentage on snaps under pressure
- Led NFL in percentage of total pressure that turns into sacks with just 11.5%
- Best-graded game was the Super Bowl (+8.2)
- Led NFL in deep attempts (109), completions (43), yards (1,490) on passes that traveled 20+ yards in the air