Good Morning and Happy Wednesday Giants fans, It is that time again, so let's take a look at the stories making headlines around the NFL:
- Remember Fred Lane? He was the running back for the Carolina Panthers who was shot and killed by his wife in July of 2000, and after serving 6 years , his widow walked out of prison yesterday.
- The Kansas City Star says Bill Belichick didn't do the Chiefs any favors when he traded them Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel.
- Brett Favre's truck just sold on Ebay.35 grand, and he'll sign the dashboard!!!! Oy.
- Greg Cosell from The Sporting News talks about Ladanian Tomlinson losing a step.
- On second thought, the Broncos aren't looking to trade Jay Cutler.
- Steve Wyche on NFL.com has a list of some of the top free agents still available. Although you can cross Derrick Ward off his list.
- Tim Graham at ESPN.com says maybe Jason Taylor should go back where he came from.
- According to the Sporting News, Ray Lewis made "exorbitant demands" from the Jets.
- Vinnie Iyer takes a look at 10 intriguing free agents under 30.
Final NFL Thoughts:
- The Redskins spent $100M on a guy who hasn't played a full season since 2002. But somehow, Dan "The Boy Prince" Snyder wants you to believe these aren't the "same old Redskins".
- I don't believe for a minute that the Giants offered Haynesworth 80 mil, as he claimed during a radio interview. It just doesn't seem like the Giants style at all.
Final Un-NFL Thoughts:
- I have a really bad feeling about Johan Santana's elbow.
- "Lost" has been great so far this year, but I have less idea what's going on than ever.
Remember, tomorrow is the 3rd installment in our "Great Moments in Giants Stadium History" series, and I know many of you will enjoy tomorrow's look back at some of the "glory days" Giants Stadium has seen. That sound you hear is the hint I dropped.