With the great news Wednesday that running back Brandon Jacobs has signed a long-term contract with our New York Giants, it's a perfect chance to watch a little Jacobs video.
Fortunately, Giants.com has a clip of Jacobs' top 5 plays of 2008. It's fun to watch.
By the way, apparently there are people who think Jacobs did not get nearly enough money from the Giants.
- Speaking of video, the tremendous Mike Garafolo has a video preview of the Giants' free agency plans. Here it is.
|Mike Garafolo talks about the Giants free-agency plans|
Obviously, MG filmed that before the Jacobs news broke. Here, by the way, is a text version of MG's thoughts on free agency. He adds a couple of names to the list of players the Giants might go after -- Atlanta linebacker Michael Boley and Seattle defensive tackle Rocky Bernard.
- The New York Jets have allowed veteran wide receiver Laveraneus Coles to become a free agent. Any interest, Giants' fans? Speaking of interest in ex-Jets, what about kicker Mike Nugent, who declined a contract offer Wednesday?
- Derrick Brooks is the biggest name of the group of players released by Tampa Bay Wednesday. I wonder, though, if the player in that group who might interest the Giants would be the other linebacker, Cato June. I know the Giants considered him before the 2007 season.
- The NFL salary cap has climbed from $123 million to $127 million, giving teams a little extra money to spend as the free-agent frenzy begins.
- Yahoo! Sports has a list of the top 100 free agents.
- Forget about Gibril Wilson returning to the Giants. He will be joining the Miami Dolphins.