Some thoughts from the armchair:
- Memo to CBS and the NFL: There are a ton of former NY area residents living in South Florida. Just because the game is a blowout at halftime does not mean we'd rather watch the Steelers and Detroit freaking Lions. Thanks for making me have to dash out to this dive biker bar where I was the only one with a full set of teeth. The NFL owes me $3 for a crappy draft beer served through pipes that I believe were last cleaned during the Ford Administration.
- Like that new armchair? A little classier than the old one. It can be yours for a measly $900 from NFL Shop. In my case, skip the rent payment, get a new recliner.
- Let me get this straight: Ahmad Bradshaw was a SEVENTH round pick?
- Sinorice Moss, I can't believe you still had a uniform in the second half.
- Dan Dierdorf, I thank God everyday that I am not forced to listen to you more than once or twice a year now.
- Can't say I've ever seen a player get screwed by the refs on consecutive plays before, so congrats C.C.!
- Out of all the topics we discuss on this site, I don't think any of them generates more heated discussion than the play-calling. I usually try and stay out of it, because as fans, we never like the play-calling, ever, but this is something the Giants do a lot that I do not understand: on one of the many Giants' touchdown drives, they had a 3rd and 2, and spread the field, with Eli in the shotgun. On that same drive, they had 1st and goal from the 2, and pounded up the middle 4 times, with the final one coming on fourth down touchdown run by Bradshaw. The entire free world and at least three other planets know the Giants are going to run it up the middle, would it have killed them to try something different just once? Nitpicky I know, but its things like this that make me crazy.
More of this nonsense after the jump.....
- I've seen many a bad football team in my day, but that Raider team I saw yesterday may be one of the worst. Very little talent, very little desire. It's a shame really. Love them or hate them, they were once a proud organization that other teams feared. Now they are just a laughingstock, with no end in sight.
- Text message from a friend yesterday during the game: "This is like a practice scrimmage." My reply: "Yeah, against a bunch of blind nuns."
- The Dallas Cowboys scored a touchdown with 2 minutes left in the game yesterday to take the lead over the winless Chiefs, and celebrated like they'd just won the Super Bowl. Congratulations Dallas, you beat a winless team that lost to Oakland. As my good friend Eddie would say, "What courage".
- Coach Spags, you can't say we didn't warn ya.
- My dream finish for Giants-Saints: Game tied at 24, 1 minute to play. Saints are driving; Drew Brees hits Jeremy Shockey over the middle, who is rumbling towards the end zone. He fumbles the ball; Giants recover at their own 1 yard line. On the first play from scrimmage, Eli hits Kevin Boss (who hopefully will be healthy) for a 99 yard TD reception.
- We are almost a third of the way through the season, and I have to admit; now I am worried about Brandon Jacobs.
- The Giants are 5-0, the New York Rangers are off to a 4-1 start, and ummmmm, oh yeah, the Yankees are in the playoffs. Pretty good time to be a NY sports fan, if you ask me.
If you aren't doing so already, you can visit me at Blueshirt Banter, the SBNation community for the New York Rangers, and don't forget Ed is talking about the Bronx Bombers at Pinstripe Alley, the SBNation Community for the New York Yankees.