Welcome Giants fans to the first walk around the NFL for 2009. As we prepare for the big game Sunday, let's take a look at some of the other stories making headlines around the NFL:
- Is Al Davis looking to sell more of his interest in the Raiders? Well, according to the USA Today that depends on who you ask.
- Did Boston College Head Coach Jeff Jagodzinski just get himself fired?
- The Dallas Morning News is hearing from many, many, many unhappy Dallas fans. I'm no Romo fan, but is that one fan serious about Michael Vick?
- Remember a few weeks ago when we all had fun playing with the Sporting News Playoff Simulator? Well, according to the good folks at Accuscore, we're going to have several heart attacks on Sunday.
- Bruce Smith and Rod Woodson are just two of the 15 finalists announced for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- The L.A. Times says there is no need to change the OT rule. I say there is. I think OT quarters should be played until a winner is decided. The NFL is the only major league where ties are settled this way. Too much is decided on a coin flip. And yes, I know the stats don't always bear out to the coin toss winner winning the game, but I just think too much is being left to chance.
Final NFL Thoughts:
- I am rooting for Jim Fassel to get the Rams job. If he doesn't, I am afraid he will be offered the Raiders job, and will take it out of desperation. Regardless of what you think of Fassel, he deserves better than that.
- How many normal size people could fit inside that black jumpsuit Andy Reid has been wearing?
- Has anyone ever spent as much time talking about not being interested in a job as Bill Cowher has regarding the Jets opening?
Final Un-NFL Thoughts:
- We're moving to a new place this weekend, and spent the past weekend holding a garage sale. I've decided that having a garage sale ranks up there with buying a car as one of the most miserable experiences a person can have. Watching people pick thru your life and offer you 10 cents on the dollar for what you are asking is very depressing.
- Pitchers and catchers are about 6 weeks away.
Wednesday Walk Extra: 2:20 PM, Call this "Why Eli Manning is cooler than us....." From the NY Post:
We don't know what else Eli Manning got for his 28th birthday, but his wife gave him a sexy lap dance. The Giants QB and teammates Shaun O'Hara, David Diehl, Amani Toomer, Brandon Jacobs and Kevin Boss hit Tenjune on Little West 12th Street Friday. After a few rounds of tequila shots, our spy said Eli's wife, Abby, "gave him a special lap dance" while Beyoncé's hit, "Single Ladies," blared. "They were trying to hide, but everyone on the dance floor could see them."
More importantly, nobody capped themself in the leg.