Good Morning Giants fans. As we all recover from Sunday, believe it or not the NFL trudges on. Since our spirits are not as bright as they should be, a "mope" around the league seemed more appropriate. Here are some of the other stories making headlines around the NFL:
- Scott Pioli helped build a dynasty in New England, and now he will try and do the same as the Kansas City Chiefs GM. The press conference for Pioli is at 5 PM today, so if I had to guess, I would say Herm Edwards will be unemployed by about 5:22.
- If Stevie Defense leaves the Giants for a head coaching job, you can cross Mike Nolan off the list of replacements.
- NBC Sports talks about how new head coaches are making their mark in playoffs.
- The Sporting News talks about how the Rams seem ready to make a change in their long standing philosophy.
- The unemployment rate just went went up in San Diego.
Final NFL Thoughts:
- The Eagles and Cardinals are in my Top 5 most hated sports teams. The NFC Championship Game is an absolute nightmare for me. I'm really left with only the Steelers to pull for. I can't pull for the Ravens, for many obvious reasons. Although its hard to root against Joe Flacco.
- It's really strange that the Giants have been to the playoffs 4 years in a row with Tom Coughlin, but have been "one and done" every year except the magical run of 2007. Coughlin's post season record with the Jags: 4-4. Coughlin's post season record with the Giants: 4-3.
Final Un-NFL Thoughts:
- Did anyone see the God-awful ugly new uniform patch the players will wear for the Mets Inaugural Season at Citi Field? I can't draw a stick figure, but I could have come up with something better. The Mets have an uncanny knack to always do the wrong thing. It might be time for them to go the "Costanza" route, and do the complete opposite of what they think they should do.
- Spent 4 days moving jrs1940 Worldwide Headquarters to a new location. Moving is a nightmare. First, the city turned on the water at the wrong address, then I had internet installed Saturday morning, but had to make 3 phone calls to my provider before it actually worked, then my satellite TV company sent an installer who left a gaping hole in the wall. I hate moving, but we're happy to be settled into the new place, and after Sunday I was grateful for the distraction.
- One last thing: its going to be 72 degrees here today, but with the wind chill it will feel like 65.