Let's look around at a sampling of the reaction to the end of the New York Giants' season.
- Ian O'Connor says there were many reasons the Giants lost Sunday. The most elementary, though, is that they could not overcome the loss of Plaxico Burress. Even Archie Manning admitted Sunday night that his son missed No. 17. General Manager Jerry Reese even went so far as to say he would consider bringing Burress back next season. The Eagles also weren't shy about saying the Giants missed Burress.
- The end of the season means that Steve Spagnuolo now has all the time he wants to interview for head-coaching jobs. He is at the top of the Jets' list of candiates, and could draw interest from the Rams, too. Oh, and the Raiders do appear to have serious interest in Kevin Gilbride.
- Mike Lupica says last season's magic was nowhere to be found Sunday at Giants Stadium, unless you looked on the Philadelphia sideline.
- Speaking of the magic touch, Gary Myers says Tom Coughlin's was missing on Sunday
- Here are the transcripts of a variety of interviews following the game.