Happy Wednesday, Giants fans, it's time again for a look around the league at some of the stories making headlines around the NFL:
- Shawn Merriman of the San Diego Chargers has decided to have season-ending surgery on his knee. The San Diego Union-Tribune has run a simulation that projects the impact of Merriman's loss on the Chargers.
- In a follow-up on the Merriman story, Mike Klis of the Denver Post talks about how Playing hurt earns badge of honor in NFL.
- Rick Telander from the Chicago Sun-Times says rule changes should be made to protect vulnerable QB's.
- All Headline News has its "Top Ten Power Rankings" for Week 2, and it's nice to see 3 NFC teams up there.
- The Titans had to call police to help find QB Vince Young
- Gregg Doyel from CBS Sportsline.com suggests that Tom Brady being hurt makes the Pats less hateable.
- Finally, make sure to check back later today as I will have a special story on some of the fallout from Tom Brady's injury.