Good Morning Boys and Girls, I am back from my grand tour of the Northeast, and I'm tanned, I'm rested, and I'm ready. Here are some of the stories making news around the NFL this morning:
- The Arizona Cardinals think they've come up with a way to keep Dallas fans out of their stadium; and they're going to hold their own fans over a barrel to do it . This is just further proof of why that is one of the worst organizations in sports.
I don't have much to add to the Brett Favre situation, but its not something I can ignore, so here is the latest:
- The NFL is investigating the Vikings for tampering.
- ESPN is reporting that, at the urging of the commish, the Packers have begun shopping Favre around.
UPDATE: I was just wrapping up the walk and found a story in the AZ Republic that Favre continued to use a Packers-issued cell phone after retirement and used it to contact the Vikings. Talk about lipstick on the collar, sounds almost like Brett wanted to get caught. Here is the link
- Michael Silver of Yahoo Sports has compiled a list of the worst to best owners in the NFL, here is Part One
I'm a little surprised Dan Snyder isn't in the bottom half, and I am really surprised Wayne Huzienga (Dolphins) isn't there. Although the Dolphins giving Duane Charles Parcells the keys to the kingdom was a step in the right direction, and probably kept Wayne out of the bottom half. I'll post the link for Part Two as soon as its available.
- Finally, ESPN has a list of the Top Ten Most Indespensible Players in the NFL. Who would have thought a year ago that Eli would make this list?
One last thing that has nothing to do with the NFL, but I have to say it:
The Mets last night.....Oy.