I don't like to do mock drafts. You have probably figured that out by the fact that I have not yet done one. I'm not a big fan since I think they are mostly just guesswork.
Since today is Draft Day, though, I thought I would take a stab at it. So, here is my Mock Draft. By tonight, we will know how I did.
1. Miami, Jake Long (OT, Michigan)
2. St. Louis, Chris Long (DE, Virginia)
3. Atlanta, Matt Ryan (QB, Boston College)
4. Oakland, Darren McFadden (RB, Arkansas)
5. Kansas City, Vernon Gholston (DE, Ohio State)
6. New York Jets, Glenn Dorsey (DT, LSU)
7. New England, Keith Rivers (OLB, USC)
8. Baltimore, Leodis McKelvin (CB, Troy State)
9. Cincinnati, Sedrick Ellis (DT, USC)
10. New Orleans, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (CB, Tennessee State)
11. Buffalo, Devin Thomas (WR, Michigan State)
12. Denver, Brandon Albert (OG, Virginia)
13. Carolina, Ryan Clady (OT, Boise State)
14. Chicago, Chris Williams (OT, Vanderbilt)
15. Detroit, Rashard Mendenhall (RB, Illinois)
16. Arizona, Mike Jenkins (CB, South Florida)
17. Kansas City, Antoine Cason (CB, Arizona)
18. Houston, Derrick Harvey (DE, Florida)
19. Philadelphia, Limas Sweed (WR, Texas)
20. Tampa Bay, Philip Merling (DE, Clemson)
21. Washington, Calais Campbell (DE, Miami)
22. Dallas, Jonathan Stewart (RB, Oregon)
23. Pittsburgh, Gosder Cherilus (OT, Boston College)
24. Tennessee, James Hardy (WR, Indiana)
25. Seattle, Felix Jones (RB, Arkansas)
26. Jacksonville, Kentwan Balmer (DT, North Carolina)
27. San Diego, Brandon Flowers (CB, Virginia Tech)
28. Dallas, Kenny Phillips, (S Miami)
29. San Francisco, DeSean Jackson (WR, California)
30. Green Bay, Joe Flacco (QB, Delaware)
31. New England (Forfeited ... hahahahahaha)
32. GIANTS, Jerod Mayo (LB, Tennessee)
Yes, I took Mayo instead of Penn State's Dan Connor. The more I study it the more I am convinced teams see more potential in Mayo, and he will be taken ahead of Connor.
There are many scenarios in which Phillips -- the guy most seem to think the Giants really want -- lands in Jerry Reese's lap. Just not the way this one played out. Truthfully, I am rooting for Phillips to fall to the Giants.
Check back around the time the draft starts. It's likely that I will live blog.