Good Morning Giants fans, as we say goodbye to 2008, let's take one last look at the stories making headlines around the NFL before we usher in 2009:
- I don't think anyone saw this coming: The Broncos have fired Mike Shanahan.
- The Pro Bowl is changing locations and when it's played. I must say while not a fan of the Pro Bowl, I am excited about it being in Miami. All the top players in the NFL will be down here in South Florida next winter.
- Were the Lions really the worst team in the NFL? This guy doesn't think so.
- Depending on who you ask, Bill Cowher may or may not be interested in the Jets job.
- The South Florida Sun-Sentinel says it can be love or money but not both for Bill Parcells.
- Matt Mosley talks about where the Cowboys went wrong.
- Speaking of the Cowboys, I wonder if all the Dallas fans still disagree with me.
Final NFL thoughts:
All the names being tossed around for available jobs, and still no mention of Jim Fassel. He had run his course with the Giants, no doubt about that, but I still find it strange he never got another head coaching job.
"The Wildcat" is fun to watch, and the Dolphins do it very well. How do you game plan for that on defense when you never know what the Dolphins are going to do? It seems like they never do the same thing twice.
Finally, on this day, I will quote Colonel Potter from M*A*S*H:
"Here's to the New Year, may she be a damn sight better than the old one"
I wish all of you the healthiest and happiest New Year, thank you to Ed for the opportunity to share my thoughts on the Giants and everything else, and I thank all of you for actually reading what I write.
Onward to 2009!