Happy Wednesday Giants fans. Let's take a look at some of the stories making headlines around the NFL:
- The tough economic times are hurting the NFL as well; 150 jobs will be cut after the Super Bowl.
- The Toronto Sun says the Bill-Dolphins game in Toronto was a colossal bore.
- Redskins RB Clinton Portis ripped 'Skins head coach Jim Zorn on D.C. radio.
- The Broncos will have to open up another can of "Running Back".
- MSNBC says the Cowboys annual December swoon has arrived. Oh, and pay special attention to the part where Cowboys Owner, General Manager, Head Coach, Towel Boy,and Overall Puppetmaster Jerry Jones says "The Giants can be had."
- ESPN's Page 2 says the NFL should take away fan voting for the Pro Bowl. I have a better idea: take away the Pro Bowl.
- This is a week old story, but it's a good one. My "Good Guy" Award for November goes to former Patriot Je'Rod Cherry.
Some Final NFL Thoughts:
- One good thing about the Giants being on SNF two weeks in a row: No Moose Johnston for at least two weeks. One bad thing: John Madden gushing about Tony Romo for 3 hours this Sunday.
- Despite the fact that South Florida fans are among the worst in sports, I am seriously pulling for the Dolphins to win the AFC East, and I want it to happen the last week of the season at Giants Stadium when the Dolphins play the Jets.
One Final Un-NFL Thought:
- The Mets signed Francisco Rodriguez. Five more relievers and they got themselves a bullpen.
Giants related (maybe) update 8:15 AM:
The Lions cut CB Brian Kelly yesterday. Kelly visited with the Giants in the off-season before signing with the Lions. It bears watching, especially with Aaron Ross banged up. Props to Mike Garafolo for pointing this out.