Here are some Giants notes this Wednesday afternoon:
- The Giants have re-signed Andre Woodson to the practice squad and waived OL Cliff Louis.
- DE Mathias Kiwanuka was named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance against Pittsburgh Sunday, when he had three of the Giants' five sacks and two in the fourth quarter.
- Tom Coughlin address the media this morning and said he expects Cowboys TE Jason Witten to play, as well as injured CB Anthony Henry. The Coach said he also expects Brad Johnson to start, but the Giants will be prepared for Brooks Bollinger as well.
- David Tyree's status will be decided by this time next week.
- Finally, injured DE Osi Umenyiora spoke with Ralph Vacchiano from the Daily News yesterday, and said his rehab is going so well, that he could have been ready for the playoffs. He says, however, that he understood why the Giants had to place him on season-ending injured reserve. Osi also talks about Plax, and his second career.
At the end of that story is a great comment from a reader named "jakek1", and I thought what he said was so good I figured I would put it up in lights for all to see:
This is going to turn out to be the biggest blessing in disguise. Osi will come back next year healthier and hungrier than ever. Meanwhile, Kiwi and Tuck are getting full time starters snaps and immeasurable experience. Tuck is learning how to handle constant doubleteams and Kiwi is playing full time DE as well now. Furthermore, Tollefson and the interior linemen are flourishing with the increased role and pressure to make plays.
Next year, when we are going for the 3-peat, god willing, Osi will not let this team rest on their laurels. He'll come in and shift either Tuck or Kiwi into that hybrid, who-knows-where-the-hell-he's-coming-from pash-rushing position. It will be like drafting a first-round guaranteed pro-bowl DE to add to our already stellar pash rush.
Speaking of draft picks.....while we're trying to decide what to do with the plethora of picks we have, Dallas will be waiting until the second round to use one of their three picks to fill one of their 8 needs!! Ahh, with Osi back next year....the rich get richer.
Nice job jakek1, I couldn't have said it any better.