Good Morning, Giants fans, it's time to take our Wednesday look at stories making headlines around the NFL. So, let's get to it!
- The Rams sent the NFL a videotape of their game against the Patriots. The Pats were penalized just once on Sunday, and the Rams want to know why.
- Several players are under investigation by the league for taking a diuretic that is on the banned substance list.
- Is Chiefs RB Larry Johnson the biggest jackass in the league?
- The Sporting News has an early look at the NFL MVP race. I think Eli deserves to be on this list. Not sure how you can put so many guys on 4-3 and 3-4 teams on an MVP list, but what do I know? I don't work for The Sporting News.
- After telling the Chiefs "No thanks", Daunte Culpepper is in talks to join the Lions.
- I have not seen this officially confirmed, but rumors are that Giants Equipment Director Joe Skiba has said the Giants will NOT wear their red jerseys at all this year.
- The Chargers fired Defensive Coordinator Ted Cottrell. I think Norv Turner is next in San Diego. I still can't figure out why Norv is on his third head coaching gig, while Jim Fassel never got another shot.
- The NFC East could be the first division in NFL history to have every team finish over .500. It has never happened before.
- Mike Singletary doesn't believe in "settling in", does he?
- I didn't think it was possible, but Jamarcus Russell has actually gotten worse since Lane Kiffin was fired.
- I think Wade Phillips is going to become the 3rd coach this season to meet his demise after playing the Giants.
- Lastly, I am glad the Giants are playing Dallas this weekend. After the big win over the Steelers, I don't see any way they let down against Dallas. I would be more worried about this game if they were playing Oakland or Detroit.