Here are some Giants notes for a Friday afternoon.
- The New York Post is reporting that middle linebacker Antonio Pierce is unlikely to play Sunday against San Francisco. I know it's the Post, so take it with a grain of salt. However, we saw Pierce try to play Monday and he can't run, so I have no problem with seeing Chase Blackburn out there.
- It sure doesn't sound like Tom Coughlin was very happy with Lawrence Tynes' proclamation that he would be kicking Sunday. Just a guess, but Tynes might sit another week just for ticking off the coach.
"While I appreciate Lawrence's enthusiasm to get back on the field, I haven't decided yet who will kick this week," Coughlin said. "When I do, I will make that announcement."
- Center Shaun O'Hara was back at practice Thursday.
- I am not sure how a guy can be both overrated and underrated at the same time, but Ralph Vacchiano of the Daily News says that is the case for Eli Manning.
- The 49ers know they have their hands full with the Giants offense.
- Giants defense trying to forget Monday night disaster.
- In an interesting article about the Giants pass rush, Tom Rock of Newsday points out that there were only four plays Monday in which Cleveland's Derek Anderson held the ball for at least three seconds.
CAPTION CONTEST WINNER: Our final caption contest winner is Derek Schlutz, with this line about our photo of NY Giants Girl Reby Sky at the Seattle game -- "This is way better than Gate D at last week's Jets game..." By the way, only a half-dozen entries each of the past two weeks. Kind of disappointing.