The storms that were supposed to hit the Albany area held off Monday, and I was able to get over to UAlbany for part of the Giants evening practice session.
I was only there for about an hour, and I had my 11-year-old son with me. That was fun, but distracting.
Anyway, here are a few observations.
• Rookie free agent guard/tackle Todd Londot was carted off the field with a leg injury. Londot is a very long shot to make the team, anyway.
• I don't know where Lawrence Tynes was, but Josh Huston handled all the kicking during both kickoff and field goal drills. He sailed one kickoff deep into the end zone, but missed a short field goal of about 27 yards on his first attempt. He redeemed himself by making his next five kicks.
• Sinorice Moss had a nice practice. On one play, he smoked Corey Webster to haul in a long touchdown pass from Jared Lorenzen. Later, he beat Mathias Kiwanuka (what Kiwi was doing trying to cover him I have no idea) for a short touchdown catch from Eli Manning.
• Kawika Mitchell, the veteran linebacker obtained from Kansas City as a free agent, is a quiet but effective player. He always seems to find his way to the ball.
• Ahmad Bradshaw handled all the kickoff return duties. That's a solid indication that the seventh-round pick from Marshall has a good shot at making the team as a return man/third-down back.
• Marco Thomas nearly made the catch of the day. The free agent wide receiver laid out to catch a pass from Lorenzen in the corner of the end zone, but couldn't haul it in while tightly covered by Webster.