David Diehl has been struggling to adapt to left tackle. He has been getting whipped by Osi Umenyiora on a daily basis, and isn't enjoying it. He knows, though, that it's good for him.
Going up against Osi is the best thing for me. It's trial by fire. You're going against an unbelievable pass rusher who's great off the ball and at jumping the count. I mean, I've seen Osi run around Pro Bowlers before."
• Speaking of Umenyiora, he's having a terrific camp and says he is motivated to return to his 2005 Pro Bowl form.
"If I'm doing what I'm supposed to and I'm playing the way I know I can play, all the Pro Bowls, all the accolades, all that stuff will come. Because I feel I'm that type of player."
• Coach Tom Coughlin has been pleased with what he has seen so far.
"I like our attitude. There are obviously a lot of things I don't like, but I do like the way they come to work and I think they obviously get better every time they come out here. I mean, it's training camp. Some things are good, some things aren't so good."
• Wide receiver Sinorice Moss knows he's in a fight for playing time with rookie Steve Smith.
• Justin Tuck and Amani Toomer appear to be doing fine after injuries cost them much of last season.
• Mathias Kiwanuka is starting to shows signs of getting comfortable in pass coverage.