Training camp is just a few days away, and I know most of you folks out in Big Blue View Nation can hardly wait.
As I've said before, I live within a few minutes of UAlbany and will do my best to get to at least some of the practice session.
Here's my list of the 5 players I am most interested in checking out during training camp.
• Ahmad Bradshaw. The seventh-round draft pick from Marshall was impressive during mini-camps and has a shot to be a pass-catching, change-of-pace type back for the Giants.
• Steve Smith. The second-round pick from USC has drawn raves for his route-running and pass-catching ability. He'll be important to the Giants, especially if Amani Toomer is not completely healthy.
• Mathias Kiwanuka. His transition from defensive end to linebacker could well be the most important thing to watch on the defensive side of the ball throughout camp. If he can be a force at outside linebacker, he could completely change the complexion of Steve Spagnuolo's defense.
• Josh Huston. Even though the Giants brought in veteran kicker Lawrence Tynes, GM Jerry Reese has continued to say how much the team likes Huston, a rookie from Ohio State. I want to see him for myself.
• Aaron Ross. The Giants first-round pick should draw lots of attention at camp. He could help the Giants at corner and returning punts.