The New York Giants hold a 10-3 lead over the San Francisco 49ers at halftime. The Giants missed a chance to extend the lead to 13-3 when Lawrence Tynes had a field goal partially blocked with 15 seconds left in the half. The Giants then dodged a bullet when David Akers of the 49ers missed a 52-yard attempt to close the half.
The Giants were fortunate to get out of the first quarter trailing only 3-0. They surrendered two long drives, but Akers missed from 43 yards before making a 42-yarder. The Giants took the lead on a 6-yard touchdown catch from Victor Cruz to cap a six-play, 67-yard drive. Tynes extended the lead to 10-3 with a 34-yard field goal.
Some halftime stats:
- Eli Mannign is 13-of-18 for 176 yards and one touchdown.
- Domenik Hixon has four catches for 78 yards, and Cruz has four for 41.
- Ahmad Bradshaw has only 23 yards on 11 carries.
- San Francisco quarterback Alex Smith is 11-of-18 for 91 yards and one interception.
- Frank Gore carried eight times for 36 yards for the 49ers.
- Mario Manningham has four catches for 64 yards for San Francisco.