Whether it was the good, or the bad, the defense captured every headline in the New York Giants' second-to-last Organized Team Activity (OTA).
During the two-minute drill portion of practice, linebacker Jon Beason landed awkwardly on his foot attempting to bat down an Eli Manning pass intended for Rueben Randle. Beason immediately limped off the field, then sat on the sideline for under 10 minutes before being carted off the field.
- Chris Snee, Odell Beckham Jr., Peyton Hillis, John Jerry, William Beatty and Mario Manninghamdid not practice with injuries. Hills and Beckham are considered day-to-day.
- Throughout the practice, Kellen Davis received the first reps at tight end before others rotated in.
- Either the secondary had a very good practice, or Ryan Nassib had a bad one. The second-year pro was intercepted three times. C.J. Barnett notched the first, jumping high for a deep ball down the field. Charles James grabbed the second, jumping a pass Nassib threw on a roll out. The third was by Cooper Taylor, who picked off a pass that glanced off the hands of Daniel Fells.
- Trindon Holliday continues to impress offensively and it appears Ben McAdoo is looking for ways to get him the ball. On a screen pass, Holliday had several teammates hooting and hollering after juking out a few defenders.
- Mathias Kiwanuka and Damontre Moore each had sacks. Jason Pierre-Paul batted down an Eli Manning pass at the line.
- Practice ended on a beautiful pass from Eli Manning to Rueben Randle. In what was supposed to be the two-minute drill, Manning fired a pass between three defenders to hit Randle on an out route. The wideout then broke it up the field for a would-be touchdown. Tom Coughlin called practice after the reception.