The NFL Draft is now two days in the rearview mirror, but draft talk is as strong as ever. New York Giants General Manager Jerry Reese joined Sirus XM Radio to talk about the Giants' 2014 draft class.
Here a few quick hits and tidbits from Reese's interview:
- Reese said the team wasn't surprised Odell Beckham Jr. was available at No. 12, but pleased. "He's an outstanding football player, an explosive outside receiver, an explosive return specialist."
- Reese was asked if it's more important now to draft players with lots of experience due to the fact there's less time to work with them, the GM said it certainly helps.
- Reese said the Giants felt Richburg was the best center in the draft and were "pleased" to get him.
- Reese said that he feels center J.D. Walton, signed as a free agent, is going to be a "terrific player for us."
- When asked about the tight end position, Reese said he has faith in the "young" tight ends such as Larry Donnell and Adrien Robinson. Also said that the team will "Keep looking."
If you'd like to listen to the complete interview, it is supplied below: