New York Giants' quarterback Eli Manning might have been lousy in 2013, and some might question whether or not he belongs in the elite quarterback discussion. Be all of that as it may, Manning is still elite when it comes to NFL jersey sales. According to data released Monday by the NFL Players Association, Manning in No. 8 in the league when it comes to jersey sales.
The NFLPA measured jersey sales during the league's fiscal year from March 1, 2013 to Feb. 28, 2014. Giants' wide receiver Victor Cruz was No. 21 on the league's list of the top 50 jerseys sold.
Here is the top 10, from the NFLPA:
- Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks
- Peyton Manning, QB, Denver Broncos
- Colin Kaepernick, QB, San Francisco 49ers
- Robert Griffin III, QB, Washington Redskins
- Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers
- Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots
- Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seattle Seahawks
- Eli Manning, QB, New York Giants
- Andrew Luck, QB, Indianapolis Colts
- Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints