The NFL and CBS Wednesday announced that eight of the 16 Thursday Night Football games will move from NFL Network to CBS in 2014. Pro Football Talk estimates that the revenue gained from the deal could mean a salary cap bump of about $4 million by 2015.
On Wednesday, Antrel Rolle talked about some of the defensive issues for the New York Giants in 2013. Jordan Ranaan of NJ.com wonders how deep those problems are and how they will be resolved.
NFL teams can't sign free agents until March 11. That, however, does not mean free-agent chatter between agents and teams is not already taking place. Writing for the National Football Post, Jack Bechta offers a revealing look at how NFL free agency really works.
Speaking of free agency, the Giants seem like to lose wide receiver Hakeem Nicks. Most analysts see Eric Decker of the Denver Broncos as the top receiver about to hit the market. The National Football Post wonders, however, if Decker is really worth No. 1 receiver money.
ESPN's Dan Graziano looks at possible tight end solutions for the Giants.
PETA was not very happy with the fur coat Joe Namath wore at the Super Bowl.
You might think this is cute, or you might think it's a complete waste of time. Either way, here is the Super Bowl re-enacted with Legos.
- NFL news, notes from SB Nation: Asante Samuel released by Atlanta Falcons
- 2014 NFL Prospect Profile: C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa
- Seahawks' Victory Parade? Giants' fans have other things to celebrate
- Jermichael Finley Rumors: Giants' Rolle recruiting free-agent tight end
- New York Giants' news, 2/5: Antrel Rolle wants to see more attitude