The New York Giants will have one of the easier schedules in the NFL in 2014, at least based on strength of schedule as determined by opponents' winning percentage in 2013. The Giants' 2014 opponents had a combined 2013 winning percentage of .465, 26th overall in the league.
On paper, only the Baltimore Ravens, Jacksonville Jaguars, Houston Texans, Tennessee Titans and Indianapolis Colts have easier schedules.
The Giants' opponents will be as follows:
, , , , , , ,
Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins,, , ,
That schedule is likely more challenging than it might seem. Here is what I wrote previously regarding the 2014 slate:
The 49ers and Colts are playoff teams, and the Cardinals just won 10 games, so those games would appear at first glance to be very challenging. They are, however, at MetLife Stadium.
The road game that jumps out is the game vs. Seattle. The 13-3 Seahawks dominated the Giants, 23-0, a couple of weeks ago at MetLife. In 2014 the teams play at CenturyLink Field in Seattle, maybe the most difficult place in the NFL for a road team.
- New York Giants' Potential Free-Agent Target: Walter Thurmond III, CB, Seattle Seahawks
- Quarterback Rankings: Giants' Eli Manning ranked No. 20
- 2014 NFL Draft: Prospect Profile -- Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers
- New York Giants' news, 2/11: Organization supports Michael Sam
- NFL Free Agency 2014 Rumors: Ahmad Bradshaw, more