The New York Giants' defensive coordinator interviewed with four teams for head-coaching vacancies two seasons ago, but had no interviews last offseason. Is Fewell just a 'Rooney Rule' interview in Washington, or does he have a legitimate shot at the job? After four years as Giants' defensive coordinator, Fewell may have a real shot at landing this job. The Redskins have interviewed several candidates, none really big names, so Dan Snyder and Co. might be taking a different approach than they have in the past.
The Giants, of course, have already lost offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride, who retired late last week. There is also speculation that special teams coordinator Tom Quinn and quarterbacks coach could be let go early this week.
If Fewell gets the Washington job that means the Giants could end up with an entirely new trio of coordinators in 2014.
- POLL: What should Giants do with Will Hill?
- How to fix the New York Giants in 2014
- NFL Playoff Schedule 2014: NFL playoff schedule 2014: Game times, TV schedule, announcers, more for Wild-Card Sunday
- NFC East Notebook, Jan. 3: Home-field advantage is back at the Linc
- Giants' Coaching Rumors: Could Quinn, Ryan be next to go?