Good morning, New York Giants' fans! Let's look at the stories making headlines around the Giants this morning.
Beason made $3.25 million in 2013 and will justifiably believe he deserves a raise. The inside linebacker contracts at which he and his agent will look for comparisons are those of Detroit's Stephen Tulloch (five years, $25.5 million, $11.25 million guranteed) and Baltimore's Elvis Dumervil (five years, $26 million, $8.25 million guaranteed). Beason just turned 29 on Tuesday, so a long-term deal isn't a crazy idea for him to have. But given his injury history, it's going to be hard for the Giants to commit too much in terms of contract length or guaranteed money.
My prediction is that Beason prices himself out of the Giants' range and that they end up patching things together at linebacker the way they have basically since Pierce left. And no, I don't think they'll use a first-round pick on the position, whether Beason is back or not.
Valentine's View: Giants' fans need to hope that Graziano is wrong here. Yes, it probably will cost the Giants more than they would like to keep Beason considering his age and injury history. This offseason, however, is shaping up as one that will be almost entirely about fixing the offense. What the Giants can't afford to do is lose too many important pieces from a defense that was solid.
Former Giants' wide receiver Ramses Barden is getting another shot in the NFL, having signed a reserve/futures contract with the Buffalo Bills. Buffalo Bills sign WR Ramses Barden, others to reserve/future deals - Buffalo Rumblings.
Only one Giants player received a vote in an ESPN survey of NFL players asking which player they would start a franchise with. You will be flabbergasted by which player got that vote.
NJ.com offers thoughts on the five biggest beneficiaries from the hiring of Ben McAdoo as offensive coordinator.
- New York Giants' Positional Breakdown: Fullback
- Super Bowl, Conference Championship odds, prop bets: Seattle favored to win it all
- 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Mock Draft Tracker
- 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Mock v. 1.0 from Jesse
- Giants' Eli Manning on new OC Ben McAdoo: 'I look forward to working with him'
- New York Giants' news, 1/16: David Wilson neck surgery is today
- For the New York Giants, an unprecedented day during Tom Coughlin era
- Mel Kiper Mock Draft 1.0: Giants projected to nab C.J. Mosley in Round 1
- Giants let RB coach Jerald Ingram go as purge continues
- 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Mock v. 1.0 from 'Raptor'