Good morning, New York Giants' fans! One more day until the first gameday of the 2013 NFL season for the Giants. Here some of the stories making headlines today.
One More Test For Victor Cruz
Wide receiver Victor is listed as probable for Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys. There is, however, one more test he would like to put his heel through. He wants to run on FieldTurf.
"I haven't had a chance to do that, at least not yet. So I have a day tomorrow, I'll probably get just a couple routes on it tomorrow, nothing too crazy. But I'm confident. I feel good, I feel like I'm in shape, I feel like the heel is much better. I'm not leaning or favoring the other leg or anything like that so it feels good," Cruz said. "I'm anxious to go out there and see what I can do on game day."
Henry Hynoski Traveling, Not Sure He's Playing
Fullback Henry Hynoski plans to make the trip to Arlington with the Giants. He just isn't certain he will suiting up to play.
"If I'm out there playing, I'm going to play as hard as I possibly can. If not, I'm going to get ready for next week," Hynoski said. "I'm healthy for the most part and if the team needs me there, it's my duty as a member of this team to go on this trip and to support, whether I play or not."
Mathias Kiwanuka: 'Playoffs Start Now'
The Giants missed the playoffs last season. If they want to get there this time around, veteran defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka wants to see a playoff mentality from Week 1.
"The playoffs start now," Kiwanuka said this week. "If you want to make it there, you have to get there, starting day one.
"At the beginning of the season everyone's undefeated. We have a chance to keep it that way and that's what our goal is. You don't want to be looking back like last year, thinking if we had this or had that. We don't want any of that going on. We want to take care of business when the opportunity is presented to us."
Around The Inter-Google
Politi: Think you know Eli Manning? You'll be surprised by what we found | NJ.com
Art collector. Wine connoisseur. Lousy navigator. Here is the Eli Manning that you might not know.
Giants links: Cowboys WR Dez Bryant being touted as MVP candidate | NJ.com
Also, is Cowboys coach Jason Garrett on the hot seat?
More from Big Blue View
- Giants' Injury Report: Jason Pierre-Paul 'questionable' for game vs. Cowboys
- In sophomore campaign, David Wilson ready to seize opportunity
- Perry Fewell: Giants aim to be more aggressive on defense
- Scouting the Dallas Cowboys: An answer for Jason Witten?
- New York Giants' news, 9/6: Big butts, and some other stuff
- Thursday Night Football Open Thread: Ravens, Broncos open NFL season
- Hakeem Nicks: 'It's time to go'
- Giants' Afternoon News Update: Five captains selected
- Report -- Chris Snee, Steve Weatherford re-structure contracts
- Giants at Cowboys: Five Questions with Blogging The Boys
Keep up with all of SB Nation's Fantasy Football Coverage