Defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul, who did not play during preseason as he recuperates from back surgery, is officially listed as questionable for the New York Giants season-opener Sunday vs. the Dallas Cowboys.
Here is the complete injury report for the Giants:
WR Victor Cruz (heel)
CB Jayron Hosley (ankle)
DE Jason Pierre-Paul (back)
FB Henry Hynoski (knee)
DE Damontre Moore (shoulder)
C David Baas (knee)
OL David Diehl (thumb)
TE Adrien Robinson (foot)
Pierre-Paul told reporters he intends to fly to Dallas, test his back in warm-ups and a "game-time decision."
Cruz has not played since suffering a heel contusion vs. the Indianapolis Colts in the second game of the preseason. Hynoski underwent knee surgery after an injury suffered during OTAs. Indications on Thursday were that he was unlikely to play. Head coach Tom Coughlin has been uncertain about Moore. The third-round pick has not played since the first preseason game. Baas, Diehl and Robinson were not expected to play, anyway.
More from Big Blue View
- In sophomore campaign, David Wilson ready to seize opportunity
- Perry Fewell: Giants aim to be more aggressive on defense
- Scouting the Dallas Cowboys: An answer for Jason Witten?
- New York Giants' news, 9/6: Big butts, and some other stuff
- Thursday Night Football Open Thread: Ravens, Broncos open NFL season